Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Banana Cake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting

Preheat oven 350 for 20- 40 minutes (time varies on what pan you use)

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 C butter
  • 1 1/2 C sugar
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 2 C flour sifted (I don't sift)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 C milk
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda (add to pureed bananas)
  • 3 pureed bananas (ripe)
** I doubled the recipe and made it like a sheet cake using a cookies sheet, there was extra and it fit in a loaf pan**

Grease and flour pan.
Cream butter, sugar, eggs
Sift flour, then add baking powder and salt to cream mixture. Add milk and flour -- Alternate the two starting and ending with the flour. Add vanilla and bananas.

Pour into pan of your choice and bake until golden brown on top, insert toothpick for ungooeyness :)

Frosting

  • 1/2 stick of butter, softened
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1 Lb powdered sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
Beat together until smooth.

** I didn't completely double the frosting when I doubled the cake, just an FYI**

From the kitchen of Leslie Gosney

No comments:

Post a Comment